Legend Homes/Princeton Classic Homes is currently looking for an experienced Permit/ Purchasing Assistant to join our team. The position will be responsible for permitting and purchasing duties as assigned, with main emphasis on backup support for starts & purchasing coordinators.
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt/Hourly
Reports to: Purchasing Manager
Supervises: No direct reports
Essential Duties and Responsibilities includes the following.
- Process EPO's and change orders
- Update/maintain vendor pricing & contract pricing
- Coordinate/track bid process for new plans and/or subdivisions
- Process permit applications per city/county requirements
- Pay tap fees/deposits & process ACC applications
- Maintain master subdivision files
- Provide custom pricing as requested
- Research invoice, purchase order and change order discrepancies
- Research/resolve take-off issues
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of residential or multi-family construction
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and other related construction documents
- Proficient in Excel & PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and accuracy is critical
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Proficiency with or ability to quickly become proficient in use of industry-specific software such as BRIX, AS400, etc.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Two years of starts and/or purchasing experience in new home construction
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Indoor desk position
- Working conditions: Monday/Friday, 40-hours per week with some overtime required from time-to-time with management approval required
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at a time
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk or working on a computer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or duties required. Other assignments, projects, and duties may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer/Veteran/Disabled