As a receptionist, you are the first point of contact for our corporation and play a key role within our business. Provide administrative support across the organization and handle the flow of communication throughout our operations. Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing, announcing them appropriately, and a timely manner. Answer multi-phone lines system, screen calls, direct callers to the appropriate associate, or transfer the calls to the appropriate voice mailbox. Receive, sort, and deliver USPS mail, courier packages, and other deliveries daily. Coordinate the pick-up and deliveries of all express mail and courier services. Other duties as assigned and other projects as requested.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain the receptionist area, including but not limited to keeping it clean and clear of clutter projecting a profession image
- Serves visitors politely and advise appropriate personnel of their arrivals
- Answer multi-line phone system professionally, screen/direct calls, take and relay detailed messages
- Provide callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, website address and other related information.
- Note movement of staff in and out of the building
- Assist with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail, deliveries and couriers daily
- Assist accounting department with vendor billing
- Enter vendor bills for payment
- Filing and keeping track of vendor check copies issued
- Clean and maintain kitchen/breakroom area daily; including overseeing refrigerator contents
Qualifications and Skills
Candidate must maintain a calm, courteous, and professional demeanor at all times, regardless of the tone of the caller or the visitor’s behavior. Mature individual attentive, has a great respect for discretion and confidentiality, a positive attitude and dependability a must.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of two years previous receptionist experience, customer service background essential
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work efficiently and multi-task effectively
- Professional appearance and manner
Excellent salary, benefits and incentive plan await qualified applicants.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit resumes as a PDF or Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
êNo phone calls accepted unless they are being returned. Interviews are by appointment only.